David W. Robinson Ⅱ was born on May 24, 1931, in Columbia, South Carolina, to parents Lyda Studdert and H. Burton Robinson.
Robinson received his bachelor’s degree in 1953 from Davidson College and LL.B. in 1958 from Harvard Law School. He was employed by Robinson, McFadden & Moore, P.C., from 1958 to 1970 and The Liberty Corporation from 1970 to 1975. He later returned to Robinson, McFadden & Moore, P.C., until 2005.
Robinson was admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court. He was a member of the South Carolina Bar, Richland County Bar Association, American Law Institute, Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference, Federation of Insurance & Corporate Counsel, Supreme Court Historical Society, South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association and the South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association.
He served on the South Carolina Bar Professional Responsibility Committee and on the executive committees of the South Carolina Bar and the Richland County Bar Association. He was the founder and served as president of the South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division. He was co-editor of The Transcript, a former publication of the South Carolina Bar.
Robinson was active in several organizations, including the United Way Campaign for South Carolina; Junior Achievement, Columbia Historical Foundation and various literacy organizations. He was a former member of Eastminister Presbyterian Church and later became a member of Trinity Episcopal Cathedral.
David W. Robinson died on August 9, 2007. Predeceased by his second wife, Ledare T. Robinson, he is survived by his first wife, Isabelle R. Pilskaln; two children, Doris A.R. Cameron and D. Clay Robinson; and five grandchildren, Greg Cameron, Maggie Cameron, Henry Robinson, Meredith Robinson and Sam Robinson.