C.C. Featherstone was educated at the Patrick Military Institute and undertook the private study of law in his father’s office at Anderson. He married Miss Lura Lucretia Pitts in 1893. He practiced law in Anderson for one year, in Laurens for more than twenty years and in Greenwood from 1911 until 1923. In 1923, he was elected as Judge of the Eighth Judicial Circuit and served in that position until his death in 1945.
A man of many interests, he was involved not only in the administration of justice, but also in church, political, civic and fraternal organizations.
He was notable for his independence of thought and action and for his warm and generous nature exhibited by his affection for his breathren of the Bar and his devotion to Equity and Justice.